Next Sunday, you’ll have an opportunity to learn about what it means to be an Owner at Real Life Church and be part of our vision for 2018 and beyond. At Vision & Ownership Sunday on the 28th, you’ll meet the Real Life leadership team and get a chance to become an Owner.
Even though it’s pretty common in churches to use the term “membership,” we refer to it as Ownership for a couple of reasons:
- Ownership emphasizes service. Being an Owner means committing to a level of church participation that goes beyond just attending on Sundays, but serving the church community and beyond selflessly: “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
- Ownership implies taking on some responsibility for the life of the church. If you own something, whether it’s a car or a pet or a house, it’s your responsibility to look after it. In the community at Real Life, we don’t wait around for someone to fix a problem – we see what we can do to help. This entails serving at events, participating in Life Groups, helping at work events like Sprucefest, and other acts of service.
We hope you’ll consider giving Ownership a shot! It’s one of the things that makes Real Life Church the kind of church people want to invite their friends to. Come join us!
Winter Life Groups start on Sunday! Joining a Life Group is a great way to connect with the Real Life community and grow your faith. In your Life Group, you can discuss the week’s message, ask for prayer, and explore Scripture face-to-face with others on the faith journey.
Whenever a new Life Group session starts, it’s a great opportunity to make new connections and get to know Real Life Church! You can read about the groups and find one that fits with your schedule here. Feel free to try out a group or two until you find a good fit, too!
If you start following any of our social media outlets this week, we’ll enter you in a drawing for a coffee gift card! Discover new worship music, RSVP to events, see images from ministry outreach, stay on top of church news, and lots more:
- See what goes on at service projects, youth and kids events, baptisms, and lots more on our Instagram! This is a fun way to stay up-to-date on the life of the church while getting behind-the-scenes peeks at our ministries.
- Tweets are short and simple. Read a quick Bible verse, get church news updates, or check out the wider world of the faith community online! We’re @rlchurch.
- If you only follow us one place, make it Facebook. You can learn about upcoming ministry opportunities, church events, new series, devotionals, and lots more on our Facebook page! If you’re a parent, we recommend following our Kidz Life and RLSM pages as well. Just click the “Like” button under the header image!
- Are we still having church when it snows? Is an event cancelled due to illness? You can get these and other important questions answered in a text! Text CONNECT to (360) 295-6500.
Plus, if you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to this blog by entering your email address in the field to the right. You’ll get posts sent straight to your inbox!
Who’s the one person you’d like to see come into a relationship with Christ? On Sunday, you’ll have the opportunity to take action on that wish! Hope to see you there!
(Have you heard about our contest? If you start following this blog, our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter this week, you could win a gift card!)
We hope you’ll join us Sunday as we take a look at what 2018 has in store for us!