Take a few minutes today to give back to our Creator in worship!
VBX begins this coming Monday! We’re in the midst of our final preparations and excitement is definitely building. Last year, around 300 children from our church community and beyond came to VBX and learned about Jesus through the theme of “Weird Animals,” showcasing God’s amazingly varied creation and our own special roles within it.
This year’s theme is “Everest,” and the kids will be learning how they can overcome challenges with God’s power! Putting on a VBX on this scale presents challenges of its own, which is where you come in.
We would love for you to pray for us as we finish preparations and begin welcoming kids to our church campus! We expect God to move mightily in the coming weeks and a successful VBX can start the ball rolling on our amazing, life-changing summer! Here are some ideas for things you can pray for:
- the kids who will attend, and that they will have fun, stay safe, and experience true life change
- Pastor Shelley, who has masterminded the entire week
- the volunteers who will be teaching, running activities, serving food, and keeping the kids safe
Plus whatever else is put on your heart!
If you still haven’t signed your children up for VBX, click here to complete registration! VBX is July 13-17 and runs from 9 AM to noon each day, and it’s free!
And there are a few more important things to put on your calendar:
- Setup continues from 10 AM to 8 PM through Friday and until 3 PM Saturday.
- This Sunday the 12th, at 1 PM, we’ll have a church picnic and put the finishing touches on VBX! Bring a picnic lunch for you and your family.
- Next Sunday the 19th, we’ll only have one service at 11:15 AM. At this very special service, the VBX kids will put on a mini musical performance. Afterward, join us for a free BBQ, bounce house, barrel train rides and more! This entire event is FREE!
Thank you for your prayers and support! We can’t wait to see how God moves!
Take a few minutes today to give back to our Creator in worship! This week, enjoy the new song we’ll be learning a new song on Sunday.
Over the last couple months we’ve participated in a very special giving opportunity: supporting orphanages in Ethiopia. Community members Katie and Ben Bradley are adopting their daughter from Ethiopia and they generously plan to bring with them 400 pounds of much-needed supplies for those orphanages.
You helped us collect:
-48 packages of wipes (5 of which are mega packs)
-12 tubes of diaper cream
-4 baby towels
-212 pairs of socks
-11 jumper dresses
-90 bottles of hand sanitizer of various sizes
Thank you for giving so generously and pouring out Christ’s love on these little children!
“But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.” (1 Chronicles 29:14)
Take a few minutes today to give back to our Creator in worship! This Sunday we continue our series “Follow Through” with a look at Saul, who was so completely changed by his faith that he became a new person entirely: Paul. Are you willing to let your faith take you that far out of your comfort zone?