Pastor Jeff Austin
1) What’s your favorite part about your role at Real Life?
I can be myself and speak of the awesomeness of God’s love. The best part of my role is leading the very best people I have ever met. They have totally given themselves to God. It is so inspiring!
2) What’s your favorite thing about Real Life?
We have open and honest relationships with God and others. I don’t have to put on an act – I can be real.
3) Share a favorite Bible verse.
4) What’s your favorite song or artist?
My favorite song is “Rabbit and the Bear,” the Real Life version. I like Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets, Casting Crowns, and Third Day. I like old school Steven Curtis Chapman – oh yeah, classic! – plus the Allman Brothers Band, Eagles, Alabama, Hank…
5) What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to hang out with people, hike, kayak, duck hunt, watch movies, and cook.
6) My last meal on Earth would be:
A 17-course meal – I would want it to last! (Take small bites!)
7) If you could take an all-expenses-paid vacation anywhere, where would you most want to go?
If I could go anywhere, it would be a South Pacific island, someplace totally decadent, with a pet bird and all…maybe a white suit?
8) What would you say to encourage someone who was nervous about visiting Real Life for the first time?
New things can make you nervous, but the risk is worth the reward. Truly, you will find Real Life easygoing and positive. It’s probably not like what you are expecting church to be – it’s better!