Pastor Shelley Austin
1) What’s your favorite part about your role at Real Life?
My favorite part is interacting with the kids each week. I love watching them learn and grow in their faith journey. Their joy and openness towards God is contagious.
2) What’s your favorite thing about Real Life?
My favorite thing is that we live up to our name!
3) Share a favorite Bible verse.
One of my favorites is Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message): “You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.”
4) What’s your favorite song or artist?
One of my favorite songs is “Life Song” by Casting Crowns.
5) What do you like to do in your free time?
Some of the things I like to do in my spare time are hanging out with my family and friends, kayaking and reading.
6) If you could take an all-expenses-paid vacation anywhere, where would you most want to go?
I would go to St. Lucia and stay in a private villa that had an infinity pool overlooking the ocean.
7) What would you say to encourage someone who was nervous about visiting Real Life for the first time?
Real Life is filled with the nicest, most down to earth warm and accepting people you’ll ever meet. It is truly a “come as you are” kind of place that offers a great opportunity to connect with others and with God.