5 Reasons Why You Should Come to Welcome Back Sunday
This Sunday, join us at Real Life Church for Welcome Back Sunday! Churches across the nation are using this Sunday is a special time to gather their congregations back together after their hectic, vacation- and activity-filled summers. Here are 5 reasons to join us:
1. It’s a great chance to build – or return to – community. Been gone a lot this summer? No worries! Everyone has busy times, and Welcome Back Sunday is a great opportunity to settle back in with our church community. If you’re new to Real Life, this is the perfect time to start because it’ll be a full house!
2. It’ll help build a healthy routine. Romans 12:4-5 compares the Christian community to the human body: “The body we’re talking about is Christ’s body of chosen people. Each of us finds our meaning and function as part of his body. But as a chopped-off finger or cut-off toe we wouldn’t amount to much, would we?” Regular church attendance is important so you can hear God’s Word frequently and get to know Christ and develop true relationship with him. Welcome Back Sunday is a great way to start making church (a super awesome church at that) part of your fall routine.
3. It’s huge! We’re calling it Welcome Back Sunday, but we’re not the only ones participating: Back to Church Sunday is a nationwide event, so you’ll be joining the millions of others in the American body of believers all returning to church at the same time! Pretty cool, huh?
4. There will be prizes! There’ll be lots of chances to win neat prizes at both services this Sunday! You might even win the grand prize: tickets to the Neon Steeple Tour to see Crowder, All Sons & Daughters, and Capital Kings!
5. We’ve missed you! Yeah, you! Really! Even if you don’t talk to many people and don’t think anyone’s noticed you’ve been gone, trust me, someone has, and they’ve been thinking about you and wondering when you’ll be back! Don’t get mired in negative thinking that says that because you’ve been gone for so long, you can’t come back – you can never be gone so long that we won’t be happy to see you when you return. The big guy upstairs will be happy you’re back, too.