It’s safe to say 2019 was one of the most eventful, impactful, and amazing years in our church’s history. For starters, we got a brand new building! After several years of prayer and planning and months of construction, we got to move into our remodeled church home on Mill Plain in April. At our first Sunday service on Easter, over 500 people worshiped with us!
And that’s just the start of what God accomplished this year at Real Life…
- Women’s retreat was the first event to be held in our new space, and it was a great success, with Real Life women sharing their stories and enjoying a weekend together.
- Nearly 100 teens attended this year’s youth retreat and 200 kids attended our first VBX in our new building!
- With campouts, rafting trips, coffee dates, worship gatherings, work days, escape rooms, movie nights, and more, everyone from students to grown-ups had tons of opportunities to worship and enjoy life together this year.
Giving & Outreach
- You donated hundreds of pounds of food during our end-of-the-school-year food drive for Share, Thanksgiving meal boxes for schools, and emergency food for our elementary school partners.
- We began new partnerships with elementary schools in our new area, Ogden and King. We’re looking forward to supporting both more in the coming years.
- Women’s retreat attendees donated toiletries, scarves, and over 600 diapers to support Portland-area refugee women and their families.
- Thanks to year-round donations to the Real Life benevolence fund, we were able to bless elementary schooler’s families by paying off $400 worth of lunch debt.
- RLSL served with WAPAC and participated in a service project in San Francisco during a youth ministry conference.
- You donated enough candy for us to hand out 600 bags to neighbors who came to Neewollah!
- The Christmas Choir sang for vets at the Veterans Assistance Center in downtown Vancouver.
Church Life News
- RLSL leader Amy became ordained this year! Her youth ministry continues to build up leaders and welcome new students to Real Life Church.
- Our community is stepping up to be better recyclers on Sunday in order to be better stewards of the Earth.
- The songs we use in worship are now available to listen to anytime thanks to a new Spotify playlist.
- The worship team expanded in size and scope, transforming our Sunday morning experience.
- Fourteen people committed their lives to Christ and got baptized this year!
We are grateful for all the ways God led life change this year, and for all the opportunities we were given to bless those in our church family and beyond. We can’t wait to see what God has for us in 2020!