Summer means Vacation Bible Xtreme is coming! VBX is for kids age 4 through (going into) 5th grade. They learn about Jesus, make cool crafts, sing songs, and have all kinds of fun, and it’s free! Mark your calendars for opportunities to serve in the weeks leading up to VBX, and follow our Facebook for easy event tracking and links to registration.
Pre-Prep: June 5-6 from 10am-9pm; June 7-9 from 10am-3pm
Setup: July 2-3 from 10am-3pm; July 5-6 from 10am-8pm; July 7 from 10am-3pm
Church Picnic & Setup: Sunday, July 7 at noon, followed by finishing-touches setup until 4pm
VBX: July 9-13, 9am-noon
VBX Finale & BBQ: Sunday, July 15 at 10:30am
Spring is nearly here, and with spring comes some of our favorite days of the year:
- Sprucefest is tomorrow at the current church property from 9am-2pm. Come help us spruce up the church for spring! Bring the family for a fun day of service.
- On Friday the 30th, you’re invited to join us for a service observing Good Friday at 7pm. Invite a friend to come with you and reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made for us. Childcare will be provided for kids under age 5.
- Easter is Sunday, April 1st! Keep an eye out for invitation cards to give to your friends!
- Finally, mark your calendar for Women’s Retreat: it’ll by May 4-6!
Several opportunities are coming up to give and serve at Real Life and beyond!
- Want to change a student’s life? Your donations to the Summer Impact fund help make Real Life’s summer programming affordable, fun, and successful for kids in preschool all the way up to graduating seniors. Whether it’s VBX, RLSL Retreat, or our Brave camps, summer programming helps teach children that they are loved and valued. Text a dollar amount with the word SUMMER to 84321 to contribute!
- Real Life Student Life is serving our Portland neighbors through Night Strike on Thursday, February 15th from 6:00-10:00pm. Night Strike is an event run by Because People Matter (previously Bridge Town, Inc.) that serves the homeless every Thursday by serving food, handing out clothes, cleaning up, praying and more! If your teen plans to attend, RSVP by tomorrow (the 10th) so attendees can be pre-registered.
- Share Ministries’ Winter Hospitality Overflow (WHO) program is an organization in Vancouver devoted to helping those in need during winter’s coldest months. Guests are offered not only a warm place to sleep, but a hot shower, meal, and the welcome and warmth of a caring community working to address the most basic of human needs. They need volunteers for St. Andrew WHO, which serves families and single women, in the time slots below. Email Laura for a background check form and Share contact info.
- Sunday, February 11: 10 pm-2 am (need 2)
- Tuesday, February 13: 2-6 am (need 2)
- Wednesday, February 14: 2-6 am (need 2) | 6-9 am (need 1) | 10 pm-2 am (need 1)
- Thursday, February 15: 2-6 am (need 2) | 10 pm-2 am (need 2)
- Friday, February 16: 2-6 am (need 2) | 10 pm-2 am (need 1)
- Saturday, February 17: 2-6 am (need 1)
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for another amazing year of growth, celebration, and fellowship at Real Life! From taking our first steps towards a new location to celebrating baptisms at the river, God’s hand was evident in all areas of Real Life:
- We signed the paperwork on our new location and had our first work day to prepare for the remodel.
- 21 local families received Thanksgiving meal boxes as part of our holiday outreach.
- The fall Worship Gathering giving component enabled us to give 3 bags of clothing and shoes to students in need.
- Over a dozen women met for fellowship at our fall coffee date.
- RLSM Youth Retreat was the most attended ever.
- Hundreds of children learned more about the love of Christ and the community of church at VBX and Neewollah.
- And more! (See more on our Instagram feed.)
It’s not too late to support the vision and mission of Real Life with a year-end gift! Give on Sunday the 31st or donate online. Tax-deductible gifts must be made or postmarked by the 31st. Thank you giving of your time and resources in 2017 and helping us reach and support so many people, both in our community and worldwide. We’re so excited to see what God has in store for us in 2018!
We want to support our church family and our community this Christmas season!
- If you know of someone within our Real Life family who is in need, please let us know on a Connect Card on Sunday or by email. If you are interested in helping meet one of these needs, send us an email and we’ll contact you when a need arises!
- We’ll also be supporting our partner schools as they provide resources to their families in need. Grab a school support giving envelope off of the tree in the entry and bring your gift back by Sunday, December 17th. (Bring back the envelope so we can reuse it!)
- Families of children participating in Advent Conspiracy Kidz Edition are invited to the finale on the 17th at 5pm to help us assemble Care Boxes for foster kids!
You gave a full 1/3 more than what we planned to give to the schools for Thanksgiving and those schools were delighted to be able to help additional families! We ask for a continuing spirit of giving this Christmas – we’re so excited to be able to support our community!